Super Hostile Forum

Hey!

Please register or login to participate in these forums!

These are unofficial forums for Vechs' Super Hostile Minecraft map series, view the official forum thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-


The forum for discussion of Vechs' Super Hostile Map Series, (and the off topic stuff, yeah.)
 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 Questions for moderators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael7123



Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : The Aether

PostSubject: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am

This is a thread to ask mods (for know just AnotherMinecraftLP) questions about how the forums work.

Some questions I have:

How will moderators be selected in the future?

What are ban-able offenses?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 am

I don't know if we need moderators, obviously if Vechs joins he'll be an admin. I'm just setting it up.

I honestly think that the people that use this forum will be mature enough to not post stuff that will get you banned, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
GrassGiant

avatar

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 am

AnotherMinecraftLP wrote:
I don't know if we need moderators, obviously if Vechs joins he'll be an admin. I'm just setting it up.

I honestly think that the people that use this forum will be mature enough to not post stuff that will get you banned, we'll see.

This is exactly what I think of the situation. But if somehow this grows too big at one point, you might need some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I see you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/boblekon
CC-2224

avatar

Posts : 120
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 am

It is ok to fool around here right?
We just don't want teasing to become flame wars, correct?
If Vechs joins will he become a mod?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am

Yes Vechs will be a mod, he can demod me if he likes also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
Michael7123



Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : The Aether

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 am

If someone gets banned, is their IP banned, or just their account?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:12 am

Why do you need to know that? o_O

Anyway, I believe I can choose to ban either a name or an IP (or both, I guess).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
CC-2224

avatar

Posts : 120
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:13 am

He is gonna plan on being a notorious troll now

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Build a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killrbladez

avatar

Posts : 157
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 21
Location : x=156 y=6 z=-69

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

What if Vechs doesn't come on?
Will you ask if you can still post his maps here?
Maybe a page for each map in their own section?
Will you IP ban keybouce?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael7123



Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : The Aether

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 am

CC-2224 wrote:
He is gonna plan on being a notorious troll now

How'd ya guess?

Actually, I was going to create an account as keybounce and post in these forums, but I don't want to get my ip banned. So if keybounce creates an account, it's not me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 am

killrbladez wrote:
What if Vechs doesn't come on?
Will you ask if you can still post his maps here?
Maybe a page for each map in their own section?
Will you IP ban keybouce?

Not sure, I would not link directly to the downloads, he still deserves the traffic on his main thread. we'll see.

And I don't want keybounce on this forum, as far as I am concerned this is all his fault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
Michael7123



Posts : 19
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : The Aether

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:24 am

I saw the post you made about the other website you purchased. Will you post a link to that sight on these forums once it is set up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CC-2224

avatar

Posts : 120
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 am

Can there be a server section for this forums.
it might be fun to organize an RFW at some time

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Build a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killrbladez

avatar

Posts : 157
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 21
Location : x=156 y=6 z=-69

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 am

Michael7123 wrote:
I saw the post you made about the other website you purchased. Will you post a link to that sight on these forums once it is set up?
The domain will change, it's the same site

_____________________________________________________________________________________
The curse of herobrine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 am

Michael7123 wrote:
I saw the post you made about the other website you purchased. Will you post a link to that sight on these forums once it is set up?

As mentioned, it is the same site.

The domain http://superhostileforum.co.uk will 'point' to this website.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
Wartower9

avatar

Posts : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm

I agree. No other Mods/Admins. I mean, there is no 'good' way to do that. There too many regulars and other people who would want it.

And yeah, Keybounce should be banned. He did start this, after all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
SH Forum- Where Off Topic is On Topic.

[url=amcwas.activeboard.com]AWCWAS Forum[/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amcwas.activeboard.com
Zap_12100

avatar

Posts : 41
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 pm

AMLP, you should probably stay admin even if Vechs comes on. You're paying for this! (At least for the fancy .co.uk domain).

You should only add another admin if the community grows big enough to require so. And even then only choose a regular that you know doesn't derp.

Oh, Keybounce.

By the way, is there any official set of rules?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
The Super Hostile Free Game Talk Forum
Founded because of BouncyKeyFuck (aka Keybounce)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kingkaider

avatar

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Recommending we have a sub-forum for non-LP videos, for things like Vechs' and Thad's Test Worlds, Spawner Science etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AxlRosie

avatar

Posts : 39
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-07-12
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:07 am

I would like to know about this forum's layout. How does customization works in terms of margins, link color, avatar size, etc?

Also, how much are you paying for this domain? Maybe you should create a ChipIn thingy so people can donate and help you keeping it.

Also also, is it possible to change font's size in the posts? I can't seem to find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wartower9

avatar

Posts : 29
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-10
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 am

Rosie- For font size go to the bottom left side of the page, where it says 'Post Reply'. That'll give you a full editor.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
SH Forum- Where Off Topic is On Topic.

[url=amcwas.activeboard.com]AWCWAS Forum[/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amcwas.activeboard.com
AnotherMinecraftLP

avatar

Posts : 34
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 23
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 am

AxlRosie wrote:
I would like to know about this forum's layout. How does customization works in terms of margins, link color, avatar size, etc?

Also, how much are you paying for this domain? Maybe you should create a ChipIn thingy so people can donate and help you keeping it.

Also also, is it possible to change font's size in the posts? I can't seem to find it.

Its a free forum designer so it isn't fantastic, I have a certain degree of control but not too much. For instance, I can set the page width, however if a page has any post containing a quote then the quote stretches the size back out again, so that's annoying. I've tried modifying the CSS for it but it won't take.

I can change the link colour/visited link colour, I can limit the avatar size but they are super annoying and aren't centred, I'll have another look at the options for that.

You can fully customise posts by clicking at the top or bottom of the page. Very Happy

Also don't worry about the domain. It is pretty cheap, all paid for for 2 years (I know it won't be used that long, but it cost very little). Honestly .co.uk is the best domain ever, its super cheap and you get free WHOIS protection, I love it. Unlike .net or .com that want £25 for 2 years +£6 for each year you want WHOIS protection.

I'm going to work on getting some better smilies at some point too, the current ones are rather crap Razz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anotherminecraftlp.co.uk
cameron274

avatar

Posts : 82
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-15
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 pm

AnotherMinecraftLP wrote:
killrbladez wrote:
What if Vechs doesn't come on?
Will you ask if you can still post his maps here?
Maybe a page for each map in their own section?
Will you IP ban keybouce?

Not sure, I would not link directly to the downloads, he still deserves the traffic on his main thread. we'll see.

And I don't want keybounce on this forum, as far as I am concerned this is all his fault.

Who exactly is keybounce? I was away during the time this happened, and all the messages were deleted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killrbladez

avatar

Posts : 157
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 21
Location : x=156 y=6 z=-69

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 am

cameron274 wrote:
AnotherMinecraftLP wrote:
killrbladez wrote:
What if Vechs doesn't come on?
Will you ask if you can still post his maps here?
Maybe a page for each map in their own section?
Will you IP ban keybouce?

Not sure, I would not link directly to the downloads, he still deserves the traffic on his main thread. we'll see.

And I don't want keybounce on this forum, as far as I am concerned this is all his fault.

Who exactly is keybounce? I was away during the time this happened, and all the messages were deleted.
What happened was that keybounce got mad because he didn't see a answer for his question, which was a few pages back from that, reported on a off-topic post and (for some odd reason) the people who replied to him with a answer (not sure about Vechs though) were the first to get infractions. Keybounce caused the moderators to get rid of off topic posts.

I got the people who I seen affected by it and set up a pm chat. Then we got the regulars and map makers. It was in the IRC chat where AnotherMinecraftLP decided set up this website.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
The curse of herobrine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cameron274

avatar

Posts : 82
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-15
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 am

killrbladez wrote:
What happened was that keybounce got mad because he didn't see a answer for his question, which was a few pages back from that, reported on a off-topic post and (for some odd reason) the people who replied to him with a answer (not sure about Vechs though) were the first to get infractions. Keybounce caused the moderators to get rid of off topic posts.

I got the people who I seen affected by it and set up a pm chat. Then we got the regulars and map makers. It was in the IRC chat where AnotherMinecraftLP decided set up this website.

That's a heck of an origin story. "In the beginning..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killrbladez

avatar

Posts : 157
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 21
Location : x=156 y=6 z=-69

PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

I know,


Also, you guys seen that art thing about Vechs' 18th Waking Up Dev video right?
Mitch, if you could could you put that where that o_o face is

_____________________________________________________________________________________
The curse of herobrine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Questions for moderators   

Back to top Go down
 

Questions for moderators

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Driver Hotswap to AI Questions
» New to the game: questions/comments
» 40k Tournament sportsmanship questions
» V8 Supercars Series 2012 Questions
» New To Dark Eldar and full of questions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Hostile Forum :: Off Topic (oh the irony!) :: Forum Feedback-